Big or small, every gift you give helps transform lives.
Our foodbank is run by local people for local people – we rely on the community’s support to ensure we can continue to stop people going hungry. Can you invest in the future of our project and help us provide much-needed support to people in crisis in our community?
Click Here to fill in a standing order form online! Even £5 a month can make a massive difference to someone’s life.
If you wish to set up a standing order via post, please complete this form: WEBSITE Standing Order Form Feb 2020
You can easily make a one-off payment online here. If you prefer to donate via cheque, please address it to The Hackney Foodbank and post it to Hackney Foodbank, Florence Bennett Centre, Cherbury Street, N1 6TL.
If you are a UK tax payer you can Gift Aid your donation. By doing so Hackney Foodbank will receive an extra 25p for every £1 you give at no extra cost to you.
All you have to do is fill in this form Gift Aid Form 2020 (1) and send it back to us at [email protected]
A single gift could secure someone’s future. Contact us to find out more.
Fundraise for us:
Let’s start with something easy. Fundraising doesn’t have to be hard, so why not try one of these simple ideas first? Could you get your friends, family, colleagues or classmates to do it with you too?
- Fraser Henney waxed his legs for Bulgaria Summer Camp. . . ouch!
- Dress up as a superhero/someone famous/ something silly/a tin of beans/a chicken for a day and get people to sponsor you.
- Sacrifice three luxury items from your weekly shop, or give up your weekly coffee/pint and donate what you would have spent.
- Do a 24 hour fast for foodbanks or give up lunch for a week and donate what you save.
- Crazy races – anything from snails or babies to rubber ducks. People pay £1 to enter or place a bet. Give a prize to the winner.
- Get sponsored – fast from facebook, climb a mountain, do a silence, dye your hair Trussell Trust green or do the chores for a week.
- Why not turn your next party into a fundraiser? Could you ask for donations instead of presents?
- Sporting: Whether you’re a seasoned athlete or an exercise-phobe, there’s a sporting activity for everyone. Why not try something new? This is one of the easiest ways to get sponsorship… And it’s a great way to get fit(ter). Run, fundraiser, run! Join an existing race – there are many open races across the UK from 5Ks to marathons, join one and get sponsored. Or could you start your own?
- Got kids? Why not organise a buggy push? Pedal against Poverty Hold a static spin bike challenge and get sponsored to ‘cycle’ the distance from your town to Paris/Oslo/Naples/China(!), or, actually do it!
- Start a footie/netball/tiddlywinks tournament… Or if you’re already part of a team, why not challenge another team to a friendly?
- Could your rugby team take on the local police or Royal Marines?! Or, why not… Do a sponsored walk, or a swimathon, row the Atlantic (if you’re not into big waves, do this in the gym and get a team involved), try a triathlon, organise a golf day, or hold an arm wrestling contest…
Once you have raised your funds you can either make a direct bank transfer (email [email protected] for transfer details) or send us a cheque, made payable to The Hackney Foodbank and post it to us at:
Hackney Foodbank, Florence Bennett Centre, Cherbury London N1 6TL