With help from amazing local businesses like Andi Oliver‘s Wadadli Kitchen, Climpson & Sons, The Duke of Richmond, The Proof Bakery, and Idia’s Community Kitchen charity, Hackney Foodbank will be handing out free children’s packed lunches from all of our distribution centres, Tues- Fri during the May half term from 11.30am onwards between 1 – 4 June 2021.
These packed lunches will be available to anyone that may be in need of a packed lunch for their children, and will have the following provided:
- Reheatable pasta/curry and rice
- Piece of fruit
- Sweet treat
- Fruit Juice
Locations of our distribution centres offering free children’s packed lunches can be found below:
- Florence Bennett Centre, Cherbury St, N1 6TL
- St John’s Hoxton Crypt, Pitfield St, N1 6NP
- Our Lady & St Joseph R C Church, 100A Balls Pond Rd, N1 4AG
- St Thomas’ Church, Oldhill St, Clapton Terrace, E5 9BW
- St Mary’s Church, Stoke Newington Church St, N16 9ES
Children’s books donated by National Literacy Trust & British Land along with children’s activity packs donated by the Early Years and Families team at Tate and masks donated by Gap Kids will also be handed out with the lunches.
There will be no referral needed, no questions asked but social distancing rules will still apply.